The 2021 SEFLIN DYDG Film Festival “Fearless Mindful Youth” is a celebration of individuals, community and creative expression.
Explore your artistic self by creating either an animated film, documentary, music video or a short film.
Date: August 26, 2021
“Fearless, Mindful Youth”
August 26, 2021
SEFLIN’s Digital Youth Discussion Group (DYDG) provides a forum for library staff, social service agencies, and concerned community members to share ideas, expertise, resources and experiences related to technology and library programming, social emotional learning for youth, with a focus on exploring ways technology can positively impact under-served youth especially homeless and at-risk teens in South Florida. We will explore how we can engage community organizations to build equity and support for teens in the SELFLIN region. Conversations will include topics such as: STEAM, STEM, digital arts, trauma-informed services, connecting with social service agencies, building equity, and racial justice. Come join the discussion geared towards developing solutions as a unified community.
With this in mind, we will start the year with a special project to give our creative juices a starting point. SEFLIN is partnering with MDPLS to offer the DYDG Fearless Mindful Youth Initiative.
The 2021 SEFLIN DYDG Film Festival “Fearless Mindful Youth” is a celebration of individuals, community, and creative expression. Explore your artistic self by creating either an animated film, documentary, music video or a short film. The film topic can show what “community” means to you, what challenges do you see in your community and how do the challenges in your community shape your future? What does it mean to be a “Fearless, Mindful Youth?”
Film lengths should be a minimum of seven minutes and a maximum of fifteen minutes. SEFLIN’s DYDG will host webinars on the film making process to aid professional development for our participating organizations and SEFLIN member libraries. Varied libraries will host training on the digital arts to support learning for this project. SEFLIN Trainings will be January 28, February 25 and March 25 all at @10:30 AM. Your projects will be uploaded to the FilmFreeway (instructions to follow) platform by May 15, 2021 and we will have a film screening for all participants on August 26, 2021.
CATEGORIES FOR JUDGING:
- Animated Film
- Documentary Film
- Music video
- Short Film
About the Films
Awards and Prizes
- Selected projects will be showcased during our First Annual SEFLIN DYDG “Fearless, Mindful Youth” Film Festival on August 26, 2021 at . This event will include an industry Q & A panel discussion with filmmakers and industry professionals. Select works will be compiled and shared with libraries in the SEFLIN region showcasing the work of individual youths within our region.
- A prize and digital certificate will be awarded to a single film, screened during the film festival in each category.
- Viewer’s Choice Award: The viewers choice award will be given to a locally produced film, screened on the day of the Fearless, Mindful Youth Film Festival screening with the most total votes from the viewing audience.
- Special consideration for filmmakers in South Florida and who can attend
- Decisions made by the Judges are final. We are not able to provide feedback.
- Entries and appropriate forms should be completed and submitted by the final deadline.
- Entrants must provide a working e-mail address to receive Official Selection Certificate.
- The SEFLIN DYDG Fearless, Mindful Youth Film Festival will make every effort to review every film that is submitted. If the submitted films reaches a point that inhibits the ability to effectively do so, we reserve the right to omit subsequent entries from review.