Happy New Year!
Please join the Board of Directors in welcoming Brock Peoples (email@example.com) as SEFLIN’s next Executive Director. Brock joins us from the Sarasota County Library System where he directed the Selby Public Library since 2016. Prior to his tenure at Selby, Brock held library leadership positions in his home state of Illinois. In each of these positions, he consistently demonstrated collaborative innovative leadership as well as a commitment to his community. Brock’s appointment is effective Monday, January 11th. The Board and the SEFLIN staff are very excited to start our new year with Brock!
Due to a high demand SEFLIN is happy to offer Ryan Dowd’s eCourse “Practical Tips for Challenging Homeless Patrons“ for SEFLIN member libraries. Please send an email to Irina Galilova if you would like to register for this course.
Social Work in Libraries
FIU School of Social Work partners with SEFLIN and the Miami-Dade Public Library System to provide help to those who need it most.
Service Animals: Your Obligations Under the ADA
In this webinar, you will learn which types of animals are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). What are the two questions you can legally ask? (Yes, there are only two!) Can you legally exclude a service animal if it growls, poops, sets off someone’s allergies, or scares someone with a phobia?
Presenter: Ryan Dowd
Making Great Video Tutorials
In this non-technical session by an experienced instruction librarian, learn the best approaches for designing and creating clear, useful videos for your library learners. We’ll discuss how to apply teaching principles to the video medium, easy techniques for making videos look good without being an expert editor, and how to approach accessibility in video tutorials.
Presenter: Jason Puckett
Power to the Introverts – and Extroverts!
Some informal studies show that as many as 70% of those working in the library field are introverts. That’s not really surprising, is it? Introverts tend to like quiet – and although it’s true that libraries aren’t quite as quiet as they once were, many are still more quiet than other workplaces. There are many myths surrounding the idea of being an introvert. This 90-minute webinar is intended to help you really understand introverts and extroverts, as well as appreciate all the positive attributes they bring to your work environment.
Presenter: Linda Bruno
Newly Posted Recordings
Please login before clicking on links
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management