Due to a high demand SEFLIN is happy to offer Ryan Dowd’s eCourse “Practical Tips for Challenging Homeless Patrons“ for SEFLIN member libraries. Please send an email to Irina Galilova if you would like to register for this course.
Social Work in Libraries
FIU School of Social Work partners with SEFLIN and the Miami-Dade Public Library System to provide help to those who need it most.
The Digital Youth Discussion Group will explore ways that technology can positively impact underserved youth especially homeless and at-risk teens in South Florida.
2020 Fall Membership Meeting
Directors and staff of all SEFLIN member libraries and systems are invited to participate in SEFLIN’s Annual Meeting of the Membership Council. The Membership Meeting will include election of SEFLIN Board Members and Officers.
Keynote Speaker: James LaRue: Getting to Vision
Building Community Connections: Getting to Know the Community That is Outside Your Walls
This session will examine how to get to know your community and create partnerships, alliances, and new patrons using the community knowledge that every library staff member has.
Presenter: Maxine Bleiweis
Newly Posted Recordings
Please login before clicking on links
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management