Programs and Services for Libraries
SEFLIN is a nonprofit Multitype Library Cooperative that provides librarians continuing education opportunities (CE Credits for librarians), social services in libraries, vendors’ discounts, consortia purchases, and more.
Training Events for Librarians
SEFLIN (Southeast Florida Library Information Network), Inc. is one of the nation’s largest multi-type library cooperatives (MLC). SEFLIN member libraries/library systems represent more than 300 public, academic, and school libraries serving a culturally rich and diverse population of more than 6 million Floridians.
SEFLIN was established in 1984, beginning as a demonstration project funded by the State’s Division of Library & Information Services with a federal LSTA grant. Today, SEFLIN is known locally, regionally, and nationally as a leader in collaboratively planning and providing: (1) a comprehensive continuing education program for library staff, (2) the joint use of technology to expand library services, (3) enhanced resource sharing opportunities between member libraries/library system, and (4) social services support.
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management