Happy New Year!
Please join the Board of Directors in welcoming Brock Peoples (email@example.com) as SEFLIN’s next Executive Director. Brock joins us from the Sarasota County Library System where he directed the Selby Public Library since 2016. Prior to his tenure at Selby, Brock held library leadership positions in his home state of Illinois. In each of these positions, he consistently demonstrated collaborative innovative leadership as well as a commitment to his community. Brock’s appointment is effective Monday, January 11th. The Board and the SEFLIN staff are very excited to start our new year with Brock!
Due to a high demand SEFLIN is happy to offer Ryan Dowd’s eCourse “Practical Tips for Challenging Homeless Patrons“ for SEFLIN member libraries. Please send an email to Irina Galilova if you would like to register for this course.
Social Work in Libraries
FIU School of Social Work partners with SEFLIN and the Miami-Dade Public Library System to provide help to those who need it most.
Media Literacy in Libraries
In this course, designed for librarians and staff, you will learn how to interpret media messages and their effect on individuals and society by applying media literacy theory and practices. You will also learn how to pass this knowledge on to your patrons and colleagues to help them better evaluate media.
Presenter: Jodie Borgerding
Marketing for Libraries: Principles and Methods that Help You Identify and Best Serve Your Patrons
Libraries often have to market themselves but lack the funding or formally trained staff. This webinar teaches you how marketing can work for your library, applying practical methods based on marketing principles that apply to any field. Understanding how to identify your audience allows them to be served better, but also opens the door for libraries to engage directly and advocate.
Presenter: Jennifer Blair
STEM Career Pathways
This presentation will highlight free and low-cost activities for students to learn and participate in building skills for future opportunities in STEM careers. A variety of STEM career resources will be shared from computer science to NASA. You do not want to miss out on this collection of STEM resources to support your youth library program.
Presenter: Denise Wright
SEFLIN, the Southeast Florida Library Information Network, is a non-profit membership organization of Southeast Florida libraries dedicated to supporting cooperation between all library types in our service area. SEFLIN offers continuing education opportunities for librarians, equipment loans, consortia purchases, and social services.
Newly Posted Recordings
Please login before clicking on links
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management