SEFLIN will be closed on July 5th in observance of Independence Day.
Programs and Services for Libraries
SEFLIN is a nonprofit Multitype Library Cooperative that provides librarians continuing education opportunities (CE Credits for librarians), social services in libraries, vendors’ discounts, consortia purchases, and more.
Training Events for Librarians
HELP!: The correct way for staff to provide backup in crisis
Some of the issues covered in this webinar include the four problems with the way most people do backup, exactly how to provide backup correctly, and how to use backup to train new staff.
Presenters: Ryan Dowd
Are You Listening? Improving This Power Skill
In this session, we’ll discuss your preferred listening style – and the listening styles of others. Do you know somebody who shows signs of impatience when you are sharing important details? Perhaps they have a different preferred listening style than you do. You’ll discover why preferred listening styles might change and how you can become more aware of your own style so that you can adapt that style to whoever is speaking.
Presenter: Linda bruno
Working Out: Building Your Confidence Muscle
Because even though we know we know, just one somewhat-negative interaction with a patron can leave our confidence muscle bruised and a little worse for wear. Let’s talk about how we can apply first aid and get that muscle back to full strength.
Don’t miss this opportunity for growth that will serve you well in all aspects of your life!.
Presenter: Linda Bruno
Newly Posted Recordings
Please login before clicking on links
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management