Programs and Services for Libraries
SEFLIN is a nonprofit Multitype Library Cooperative that provides librarians continuing education opportunities (CE Credits for librarians), social services in libraries, vendors’ discounts, consortia purchases, and more.
Training Events for Librarians
This immersive program has been created to support librarians in empowering the broader community through library-based mindfulness programs. Participants will learn a sample course outline based upon evidence-based modalities to enhance body-mind coherence and safe tools for self regulation.
Presenter: Scott Feinberg
Hire Right the First Time
The days of the generic help wanted ad are over – or at least they should be. “Looking for a self-motivated team player” may or may not draw good applicants to your job opening. But those words are so vague – and so tired! Let’s face it – most folks have a rather standardized picture of a library job – and that might be exactly the position you are trying to fill. But it might not be!
Presenter: Linda Bruno
Fights: How to prevent and stop them (safely!)
Some of the issues covered in this webinar include the four stages of a fight (and why “Stage 2” is the best place to stop it). How two staff (or one staff) should break up a fight and what the research says about bystanders and fights.
Presenter: Ryan Dowd
Newly Posted Recordings
Please login before clicking on links
- Social Media Strategies to Use During Covid-19 Closures and Beyond
- A crash course on COVID-19 Information Resources
- Crisis Communications for Libraries
- How Do We SERVE Our Customers?
- Together in Isolation: Virtual Programming for Children and Teens
- Actually, Really, Effective Staff Meetings
- Accessible Services for All
- CloudLinking: growing your digital collection one library at a time
- Ditch Those Hacks! Productivity Methods That Work
- Only in the Big City, Eh?
- Big Impact Events at your Library
- Moving Digital Learning Tools from Flashy to Facilitative
- Publish Don’t Perish. TIps for Evaluating Journals
- Ready, Set, GO! Building Your Learning Organization
- A Dance With the Unknown. Gamification of the Staff Digital Literacy Training
- Ageless Tech
- Being a Fearless Cataloguer in the 21st Century
- Screentime Together: Getting Apps Into Laps
- Rainbow Collections
- Understanding How Our Implicit Bias Impacts Customer Service
- Leadership: Financial Acumen
- Zen & The Art of Going Rogue
- Library Education Not Just for Libraries
- Inclusive Design: Transforming Libraries
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 1 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Don’t Panic: You CAN Find Health Statistics Part 2 – Univ Alberta Canada
- Engaging Teens With Social Media
- Beyond Serial: Podcasts in the Public Library
- Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design
- Gamify Your Library: Incorporating Virtual Learning
- Barriers to Public Acceptance of Climate Science, Impacts, and Solutions
- Shields Up! Warding Off Negativity
- Creating Online Exhibits: New Ways to Reach Out, Advocate, & Publicize your Collections and Services
- Practical Skills for Adopting Copyright in the Digital Age
- Crisis Communications: Communicating with Consistency and Transparency Management