Adobe Digital Design
Project Overview and Participant Information:
Through ARPA funding, SEFLIN will be providing the BrainBuffet platform, and 500 Adobe Certification tests and practice tests to prepare staff and/or provide service to library patrons to pursue training and certification in the digital arts. This program will provide an opportunity for librarians to increase skill sets in certification/employment training for library patrons marketing, digitization, and creative arts exploration empowering librarians with tools, and skill sets for increased output in marketing, digitization, patron programming and employment training services.
The Adobe certified Professional is an industry-recognized credential validating ones’ skills in Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Certifications are available in: Adobe Animate, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro. Librarians pursuing certification can aid in economic restoration by providing certification program training to patrons who then would qualify for entry level positions. Participation in the Career Readiness and Development Digital Arts program will enable participants to become part of a community of digital creatives and skilled peers working together to support each other through learning challenges associated with Adobe Creative Suite, sharing ideas and skill sets for programming and employment training programs for patrons in the SEFLIN region. The learning cluster will provide monthly webinars based on your requests for training on the Adobe Creative Suite Platform. Please answer the training survey at your earliest convenience. The learning cluster will use SEFLINConnect to provide a forum for participants to ask questions, share ideas, work, struggles and set up peer to peer interactions for learning.
The program will provide an opportunity for individuals to achieve the following:
- Develop or increase participant skill sets with digital design tools including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Etc.
- Gain practice in using creative tools
- Engage in collaboration and sharing with colleagues and experts
- Implement adult/youth and employment programming in the library setting
- Increasing marketing and digitization skill sets
- Access to BrainBuffet from February 2022 – September 30, 2022.
- Access to Certiport Exams from Home testing services through Get Certified America! Pre-Testing/Testing for one or two Adobe Certified Associate Tests – as supplies lasts. 500 pre-test/test bank
- Access to Adobe Creative Suite (limited-based on need)
Participants will be expected to commit to training through BrainBuffet and completing at least one Certiport test within the year of access, February 2021 – 2022.
- It is expected that each course will take approximately 50 hours to complete
- Individuals may pursue all available instructional programs within BrainBuffet at their own pace.
- Participants may attend all training. SEFLIN will cover testing costs for the first 500 participants who request pre-test/testing.
- Participants may want to set up weekly learning sessions with peers to guarantee learning outcomes
We will be setting up trainings for the following platforms please answer the survey to let us know a time that works well for you.