Palm Beach Atlantic University
300 Pembroke Place
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Sunday: 12 pm – midnight
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – midnight
Friday: 7:00 am – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 pm
Local Borrowing Policies
Palm Beach Atlantic Students, Faculty, and Staff:
- Palm Beach Atlantic students, full-time faculty and staff are eligible to apply for a SEFLIN card allowing for borrowing privileges in other consortium libraries.
- In order to be issued a SEFLIN One Card, patrons must be in good standing at the PBAU Library.
- Students are issued borrowing cards for one semester only; faculty and staff for one academic year.
- On notification of delinquency by a SEFLIN library, the patron is contacted and advised that both PBAU and consortium library privileges are suspended until SEFLIN delinquency status has been cleared.
- Proof of clearance will be accepted at the PBAU circulation desk in the form of a payment receipt or statement from the lending library and/or direct notification from the lending library.
Students, Faculty, and Staff from other Libraries:
- Patrons must introduce themselves by presenting the SEFLIN card at the circulation desk.
- At their initial visit, they must complete an information form and be registered in the library computer system.
- At subsequent visits, their borrowing status will be checked.
- If delinquent, library privileges will be suspended until delinquency status has been cleared.
- Circulating books may be borrowed for a four week period; if an item has not been requested by another patron, it may be renewed for an additional four weeks.
- Renewals may be done by bringing the item(s) to the PBAU Library circulation desk, or, with book in hand, by telephoning the library.
- To avoid over dues, renewals must be accomplished before the initial borrowing period ends.
- Overdue items will incur a service charge of .25 cents per item per day, with a maximum of $26.00 overdue fine per item.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to keep track of materials he/she has borrowed.
- Overdue notices are generally sent only once or twice per semester.
- At the end of each PBAU semester, all items which have not been returned or renewed will be presumed lost.
- Replacement cost plus processing costs and a billing fee will be charged to the borrower.
- the home campus library will also be notified.
Consortium Library Procedures:
- Palm beach Atlantic will take care to issue SEFLIN cards to individuals with good standing at our library.
- We request that PBAU patrons who have acquired delinquent status as consortium borrowers be reported to us immediately.
- We will respond by contacting them by mail or telephone and by suspending their PBAU Library privileges.
- Overdue notices at PBAU are generally sent once or twice per semester.
- For SEFLIN borrowers, a copy of that notice will be sent to the home library.
- Billing for lost and/or long overdue items is done at the end of each semester.
- For SEFLIN borrowers, a copy of that bill will be sent to the home library.