Palm Beach State College
Library Learning Resource Center
4200 Congress Avenue
Lake Worth, FL 33461
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Local Borrowing Policies
Library Cards (Panther Cards):
- Although the libraries are open for anyone to use, a library card (Panther Card) is necessary to check out any material.
- The person to whom a Panther Card has been issued assumes full responsibility for all materials checked out on the card.
- A lost Panther Card should be reported immediately to prevent others charging materials out on the card. A minimal charge will be made for a replacement of the card.
- Persons from the SEFLIN Library Card Program must present a valid SEFLIN borrower’s card from their home library and a photo identification to obtain a PBSC Panther Card. After presenting the SEFLIN One Card, and photo identification, application for a Panther Card must be made. (Allow up to an hour during normal week day hours for a Panther Card to be issued.)
- The Panther Card is permanent and may be used as long as the SEFLIN card is valid.
Borrowing Library Materials:
- A Panther Card must be presented to check out any materials.
- Most books may be renewed, unless others are requesting them.
- Books may be renewed before the date due via MyAccount on the library homepage or by phone.
General Collection and Some Special Collection Books:
- Most books may be checked our for three weeks. However, end-of-semester clearance procedures sometimes require that his period be shortened, so that all loans are cleared by a certain date.
- Materials the instructor places on reserve are usually checked out for room use by the students in the class.
- Reference books are to be used in the library only.
Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers:
- Journals, magazines, and newspapers are to be used in the library only.
- eReaders, IPads, laptops, calculators, and other such devices are reserved for currently enrolled students.
Returning Library Materials:
- PBSC Library books may be returned to any campus (Lake Worth, Palm Beach Gardens, or Belle Glade) through either the outside book drops or the book drop at the Circulation Desk.
Fines and Fees:
- The person whose name appears on the Panther Card is responsible for all library materials checked out on the card
- Transferring library materials among friends without officially checking the materials out at the Circulation Desk does not relieve one of these obligations.
- Fines for overdue library materials are calculated at the rate of ten cents per day per item (Fines for the 7 day items are $.25 per day per item.)
- Lost or damaged library materials must be paid for at a price determined by the library personnel. The cost will not exceed the replacement value of the material plus a processing fee.
- Photocopying library or personal materials is available at ten cents per page. (PBSC observes the copyright laws.)
- A Panther Card is required for printing or copying.