Saint Thomas University
16401 NW 37th Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33054
Local Borrowing Policies
St. Thomas Students, Faculty and Staff:
- Students, faculty and staff of St. Thomas University are eligible for a consortium card allowing for borrowing privileges in other consortium libraries.
- In order to be issued a consortium card patrons must have favorable borrowing records.
- Students are issued borrowing cards for one semester only; faculty and staff for one academic year.
- On notification of delinquency, the patron is contacted and advised that library privileges are suspended until delinquency status has been cleared.
Students, Faculty and Staff – Other Libraries:
- Patrons must present consortium cards at the circulation desk at the initial borrowing transaction.
- At this time, a form is completed for our recordes.
- Books from the general collection may circulate for two weeks and may be renewed for two additional weeks.
- All books must be returned to the library for renewal.
- A fine of 25 cents per day is charged for overdue books with a miximum fine of five (5) lost and a charge of thirty-five (35) dollars for replacement and processing billed to the student.
- The home campus library is also notified.
- Library privileges are suspended until delinquency status has been cleared.